Looking to Adopt?
The procedure for looking to adopt is as follows:
- Send in your application along with the proper fees (we ask for 5 copies of your profile book and 1 electronic PDF version as soon as possible)
- Our Child Placement Supervisor will review your application and send you a letter informing you what documents are needed in order to complete your file
- Adoption Choices of Oklahoma shows your profile book to birth mothers who fit your preferences. No more than three or four profiles are presented to each birth mother.
- When you are chosen by a birth mother, you will sign a contract and send the total estimated amount of your adoption fees, expenses, and costs, which will be deposited into the agency escrow account.
- Begin looking for an attorney in your area to handle the finalization of your adoption. www.adoptionattorneys.org
- When your baby is born, you will sign a temporary custody placement agreement allowing the baby to leave the hospital with you. The placement agreement should be e-mailed to your insurance company to ensure that the baby will have medical coverage. Federal law requires that insurance companies cover an adopted child from date of placement. However, you should check with your insurance provider to confirm coverage. If your baby is delivered outside of Oklahoma, other states have similar documents that you will sign, allowing you to provide the child with medical care while you are awaiting the final decree of adoption.
Fill out the form below – or call us at 405-880-8287 to talk to an adoption counselor and learn more.